Our bedroom is our sanctuary. It is where we feel most comfortable and most vulnerable. It is where we can rest and feel safe especially after long, tiring and emotionally-draining days. Therefore, it is important that we keep it clean, beautiful and relaxing. It is also fun to give a new look to this sanctuary every now and then. However, some people tend to hesitate, thinking about their tight budget. Well, dear readers, you do not need to spend a lot to give your room a brand new look. There are inexpensive ways to do this and we will discuss these tips in this post.
- Change your wallpaper – one of the fastest and cheapest way to create a new look to your room is by changing your wallpaper or wall paint colour. Choose a design that will show your personality. You may also opt for a specific theme. For example, for the upcoming Christmas holidays, you may want to choose some Christmas designs and styles or colours. If you want a relaxing vibe and atmosphere in your room, then it is best to use light and pastel colours like green, blue or pink. You can also play with patterns to create a playful look.
- Re-arrange your furniture – how about moving your bed to face north or probably move your couch and study tables? Re-arranging your furniture and appliances in your bedroom will create an instant new look for your room. You do not need to buy new but you can remove some furniture you think you don’t need anymore.
- Change curtains and sheets – you can also change your curtains and bed sheets. Your sleep will be a lot better with newly-changed sheets. What you can do is choose designs that will complement the colours in your room like your wall paint or wallpaper and other decorations.
- Change lightings – it is also a good idea to switch up your bedroom lightings. You can go for LED lights or probably some foot lights that will enhance the mood in your room. You can also consider some hanging lights with different colours.
- Do a general cleaning – last but certainly not the least, doing general cleaning will create a brand new look for your room. Remove all the things that you do not need including old clothes, shoes, toys, stuff toys, boxes and stuff. It will definitely make your room look bigger and neater.
These tips do not require you to spend too much. You can achieve a new look for your bedroom without hurting your wallet. So now there should be no excuse as to why you can’t keep your bedroom looking neat and presentable all the time. The appearance of your room can affect your mood so make sure that it will make you happy and feel relaxed. In case you are planning to buy a new house, there are beautiful Sydney house and land packages that you can consider.